#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Sunday, March 25, 2012

A gift

Today’s journal prompt:  What virtues do you admire in others?


There are some people who always know the right thing to say. I have a friend with that virtue. She has the ability to converse with anyone about anything at anytime. Whether it’s a simple hello or how are you she turns it into a conversation. She remembers personal details about everyone and always asks how things are with your family by name. It’s not just a gift of gab but a genuine interest in other people that makes her so well liked by all. She is supportive as a friend and seems to always have the right words to comfort or advise you. Her happy smile is so cheerful that she rarely shows when  she is having a bad day. She is attentive to all..young and old alike. She shares her life with interesting stories and draws the reluctant conversationalist out to speak. She always has a friendly hello to even strangers that she sees. I so admire this gift that she has to put the right words in place when they are needed. She is so unassuming that she won’t even recognize herself in this post. Joan, I’m talking about you. You are admired for your ability to say the right things. Not everyone has this trait.
joan sunshine

2 comments :

  1. Anonymous3:10 PM

    Peggy,
    You are correct; I was wondering who that person was.Such a wonderful tribute; I am humbled by your words.

    Thank you so much for this. I will treasure your words always and call them to mind when I am having a bad day or a low self-esteem day.

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda Platko Green2:06 PM

    Peggy, what a wonderful description you wrote of Joan:) She is gonna be tickled pink. Also want to mention that YOU, Peggy have the same traits as Joan. You have a way of getting people to smile and laugh and enjoy themselves around you.

    You know, I'll just add that the circle of friends that I have met through you are really, really awesome people.

    Peggy, You my friend, are awesome!!

    Loving all of you that read Peggy's blog:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.