#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Friday, March 16, 2012

Literary Club

I belong to a local club in Bradford, The Women’s Literary Club. It was established in 1888. I have been President of the club for two years and today was my last day of being president. I have really enjoyed being a member of the literary club. It’s a wonderful group of women and I always look forward to our meetings which always consist of a great program and a tea. We have four luncheons a year also and today was our Report Day Luncheon where each committee and officer gives a report of their year.
  We also had a fun program where some of us dressed up and pretended to be members of the Red Feather Investment Club. It was delightful.
literary club 3.12 340
literary club 3.12 337
literary club 3.12 335

literary club 3.12 331

And this was our dessert. It was sponge jelly roll with raspberry white chocolate mousse inside.
literary club 3.12 338

1 comment :

  1. Linda Platko Green5:03 PM

    Oh, it certainly was a wonderful day at this luncheon!!

    The skit from the Red Feather's Investment Club was superbed!!!! LOVE THAT ACCENT OF YOURS PEGGY!!

    Going to miss going on Fridays to the Literary meetings now:(

    Great pictures on here by the way.

    Love you

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.