#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A question for you

What things tend to lift

your spirits? Do these things have more to do with people, or solitary pursuits?
florida vacation 023

Going on a traveling adventure always lifts my spirits. Life can be so predictable at times and leaving town and visiting someplace new can put some fun and excitement back into life. It lends an air of uncertainty and anticipation. First there is getting there, whether by car or plane. There is planning involved and packing and researching what you want to do when you arrive. (Thank goodness for the internet because now it is so easy to preview your trips). When you reach your destination the adventure begins. There are new things to see and do that you have never seen or done before. It energizes you to discover new ideas and participate in activities that you have never done before. No matter if it’s a trip to Europe or just visiting a new location in the states I always feel charged by traveling. 

Another thing that lifts my spirit is music. I have always said that you can gage how happy I am by how much music is in my life. I love attending live musical performances, plays or concerts. Just being around the energy of a musical group revitalizes me. I have a wide range of musical taste and love nothing better than listening to great music.
trio love
Of course a great time with my friends or sisters lifts my spirits. My sisters and I call our time with each other our “sister fix” because when we three are together we have the greatest time and it leaves all of us feeling so happy and charged.  

As you can see I like doing things with people. I like to be around people having fun. It just makes me more happy to have my friends and loved ones around me.

How about you? What charges your batteries?

1 comment :

  1. Rebecca9:44 PM

    I just made a list if the things that always make me happy. It was a Happiness Project assignment.

    1. My husband. The last few days he has had to be out of town. I have had the mumps. There is not a thing he could do for me but having him home tonight is a great comfort.

    2. Dogs. John says this is the last dog and I know in my head he is right but my heart breaks as I enjoy my last years with my little dog.

    3. Nature. A walk in the woods, tea on the deck, working with my flowers.

    4. Music. Mt favorite part of church, my time with the piano.

    5 Children, grandchildren, good books, really hot tea, knitting, good friends.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.