#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Spring in the South

image In the Spring I always remember talking to my mother who lived in Georgia on the phone. She would always say I needed to come down and see the wisteria on Cooter Creek. We mostly went down in the summer when I had vacation from teaching but sometimes we would manage to go over Easter.  We’d take the car ride to Cooter Creek down a small paved road which was lined on each side with boughs of hanging purple flowers. The vine was voracious and would grow up over other trees and fences. It had the most beautiful foliage and delicate drooping flowers.
image There is nothing as gorgeous as the South in the Spring. Crepe Myrtle trees abound and their bright red or pink or white flowers told you that the warm weather had arrived.

image And at every house their were azaleas lining walkways and driveways.
image
Of course down South Spring comes much earlier than ours. It’s this time of year when I am envious of my southern sisters. Especially when they call and announce how everything is blooming. (But the envy doesn’t last long when they call in the middle of the summer and complain about the oppressive heat.) If you ever get a chance to visit the South in the Spring, never hesitate. It’s magnificent.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.