#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Do you know what this is?

image

This one will really date you if you remembered that this is the dimmer/bright floor switch. Those were the days. My dad loved his cars. I think he got it from his father who would walk to work rather than park his car in the railroad lot for fear of it getting dirty. I remember the aqua blue and white Chevy, the one with the large gull wings on the back,

image




and the Oldsmobile Toronado which was the first one we had with air conditioning. And the first one I got a speeding ticket driving.
image




And who could forget the Jeep Wagoneer? image

In those days a car was a car! Each manufacturer prided itself on it’s distinct look. You could tell the year of the car by it’s headlights or body shape.

Do you remember your parent’s cars?

1 comment :

  1. Peggy, I remember my parents '56 Chevy. I'm trying to remember if it had the dim/bright button. I did a post on that car a couple of weeks ago when my cousin brought it for us to see on Easter. I drove that car when I was in college...my mom kept it and never "upgraded". Loved your post.
    Babs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.