#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, April 02, 2012

Fountains

image

Don’t you love a fountain? There is nothing more soothing than the splash of water whether it’s in a small backyard fountain or a huge waterfall. Everywhere I go I look for fountains. This one above was in Aix en Provence which is known as the city of fountains.

image The most famous is the Dolphin Fountain which is so large. I remember sitting at a little outdoor cafe watching the fountain when a young man sat in the chair next to me and quickly sketched the view. There is something so divine in France that makes you want to get out a pen and start drawing. No wonder Aix was where
Cezanne painted. image


I did not take this picture of a dog in the fountain, but I did see some dogs in the fountains on the streets of Aix.
image
The streets were so beautiful there and the fountains were scattered in the middle of the streetimage 

Some were very ancient.
image image If I close my eyes I can put myself right back on the Cours Mirabeau (the main street) of Aix and relive that wonderful feeling. It is my favorite city in Europe.
 

1 comment :

  1. Rebecca11:17 AM

    I love fountains. When I was in Europe many, many years ago I remember all the beautiful and ancient fountains.

    Now,in Bingham, we have three fountains. They are a lot of work because they must be cleaned every 2 weeks throughout the season. John hates to clean them but the beauty of the clean fountain gives me great joy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.