#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, May 01, 2012

May Day

Happy May Day

Do you remember celebrating May Day when you were in elementary school. It was a big thing for us to make little May Day baskets. We’d pick wild flowers in the woods to fill them with and then knock on someone’s door, put the basket on the doorknob and run away. It filled me with such pleasure to do such a kindness.  Don’t you wonder whatever happened to doing something kind for another person. In this day of “me, me” it seems that each person is out for themselves and no one takes the time to be kind anymore. Kindness was once a trait to be taught to children just like honesty and respect. I am often reminded that I grew up in a different time, but to tell you the truth sometimes I long for those times back.
Image Detail

2 comments :

  1. Linda Platko Green7:32 PM

    I have never heard of this way of your May Day.

    The May Day I remember when I was in deaf school in Pittsburgh was a big out door celebration of May Day with certain selected girl being the head of the May Pole dance. A decorated pole with gorgeous flowers and ribbons and few girls in beautiful dresses would dance around the May Pole weaving the ribbons around the pole.

    Then in Texas at the parochial school I went to celebrated May Day with a carnival on the school grounds. Before that, all the kids would wear white and we would have a special mass celebrating Mother Mary.


    Well, there we have it:) Those were the good days I'll say.

    As for the random act of kindness, many do this but it's not known as it should be:)


    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. We always made May baskets and delivered them secretly to neighbors and friends. I love that you still do that. Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.