#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, June 25, 2012

DID I MENTION THE LAVENDER?

lavender 6.12 011



Right outside my kitchen door is my portager (my little French herb garden).
lavender 6.12 006


Planted there are my herbs, rosemary, oregano, parsley, and thyme.
lavender 6.12 008
The little cement acorn and found glass rock keep watch.
lavender 6.12 004

The mosaic jardin sign marks the place. lavender 6.12 003

I love to plant this baby garden every summer.
lavender 6.12 009

But did I mention the lavender? Every since I stood in the lavender field in Provence I have had an affair with lavender..the look, the smell, the feel. This has been planted here for a number of years. At the time I didn’t know how to grow lavender correctly so I let it do whatever it desired. It spread, but it also became woody and each year didn’t look like it would survived, much less put out flowers. But each year it comes back even more beautiful than ever. Don thought that this was the year to get rid of those old ugly brown stems that crowded out the herb garden. But in my heart, I just couldn’t do it. And I am so glad that I didn’t. Just look how glorious the lavender is! When I smell it I go right back to France.
lavender 6.12 001

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.