#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

FRUSTRATION

the prevention or hindering of a potentially satisfying activity

Frustrations…we’ve all had them. Sometimes they are just minor..getting into the wrong line at Walmart and having the people ahead of you command undue attention. And sometimes they are major like getting caught in a traffic jam at rush hour and being delayed for an hour.
     You learn to deal with them as you patiently wait in line telling yourself that this is your lesson in patience for the day trying to remember that one time when you had to have a price check. You learn to accept that sometimes there will be traffic and it was your misfortune to be on this particular road at this particular busy time.
     So when a frustration hits you summon all your reserves of experience and use all your coping skills to be positive and make the best of the situation. Yes, you try. But sometimes frustration reaches a tipping point when you stop being the cheerful patient one and become the belligerent , when is it going to happen one.
   By now you probably know that I am talking about me and my landscaping project. I was dealing with one contractor and when we weren’t seeing eye to eye (he was insisting on things that I didn’t want) I talked with another. Neither one has gotten back to me in a week. Is this normal? What ever happened to common courtesy or is that a rarity in this new world?
   My frustration level is doubling each day.

1 comment :

  1. I was talking with Josie Smade and she was saying the same thing. She needed things done and repaired at her house and having a hard time getting someone to return her call or they would tell her we'll be there at such and such, no show. It's definitely not like the old days where courtesy was the norm.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.