#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Ode to a bad day

Seems like everything about you gets under my skin.

The way you appear out of nowhere – unannounced and full of crap.
The way you linger and hover over me, hour after hour.
The way you drain me of my energy, my spunk, my shine.

The way you showcase my flaws.
The way you change my plans.
The way you keep me guessing.

The way you make me long for something more.
The way you plant grass that’s greener on the other side.
The way you force me to notice when things get better.

The way you remind me I have people to lean on.
The way you push me to ask for help.
The way you give me reasons to be vulnerable.

The way you insist I face my fears.
The way you pester me till I fight back.
The way you demand I get a grip.

The way you keep my ego in check.
The way you teach me lessons I never would have signed up for.
The way you prove I’m stronger than I ever imagined.

There are so many ways you get under my skin.
And so many reasons I’m better for it.

by Liv Lane

I discovered Liv’s blog today and it couldn’t have come at a better time. Bad days. We all have them. Sometime they strike out of nowhere for no apparent reason. But you feel the blues coming on slowly like a big freight train rolling inevitably down the tracks. You try to fight it. To distract yourself. To think of something else. Anything to prevent those tears that are welling up inside you and threatening to spill onto your cheeks. You analyze the reasons, digging into your psyche to see that unknown hidden problem that you are hiding so well up until now. Sometimes you are successful in beating the demon down. But sometimes a good cry is just what you need.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.