#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, August 04, 2012

My head is swimming!

c.s. lewis + great illustration

When I was in college and grad school I studied a lot about different learning styles and the way people gravitate to a way of doing things that suits their personality. The older I got the more I realized that I don’t like details. I think in the big picture. I start with the whole concept and then work out the little things later. Now that way of thinking often got me in trouble because my husband has the opposite point of view. He is methodical and neat and works to get things done in an orderly way. I, on the other hand, purge ahead not thinking that things need to be worked out before going on to the next step. My creativity just takes over and I can visualize how I want it to be. The details just get in the way.
   But I have faced a challenge. I wanted new landscaping this summer. So even though we’ve always done everything ourselves I hired a landscaper who talked me into pulling everything out before I saw his final design plan. That’s when things started to go bad. He and I did not see eye to eye on the design or the plants around the house. His view of “you’ll come to see it my way” rubbed me the wrong way and we parted company. (Actually he still owes me some work that I already paid for). So we have hired someone to do the digging and prepare the dirt. But I have to come up with the design.
   I have spent hours and hours going over just exactly what I want. I am not a gardener. And I do not work this way. I just want to buy a lot of plants, bring them home, and move them around to decide just where I want them. Since I can’t do that I have drawn plans, worked on computer programs and changed my mind over and over. My head is just swimming with trying to get it just right. This is the hardest thing I’ve done in a long time. I know that when it is complete I will be happy but just getting there has become frustrating.
  So give me all your positive energy that I might make it through this process unscathed.

1 comment :

  1. Gosh Peggy:) Just go with the flow. You will come to the end when all is done and said and most of all, you are HAPPY with your success.

    Blowing positive dust your way!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.