#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Friday, September 07, 2012

Let the decorating begin!

It’s my favorite season. It’s here. It’s Autumn. I love the colors, the weather, the changing leaves. And I love to climb into the attic and bring out the fall treasures. I spent the day today decorating the sun room. I’m trying a new philosophy this year..  less is more.
   Now that’s new for me because I’m the type that overloads the pumpkins and gourds, the mums, the apples, if one is good seven are better. But this year (as I’m getting older and perhaps wiser) I am not putting out every single thing that I have. This will all stay up till after Halloween and almost until Christmas. fall decorating 9.12 001
Do you like the pumpkins in the long wooden decoration? The picture just doesn’t do it justice. The pine cones are so sparkly, but they didn’t show in the picture.fall decorating 9.12 002fall decorating 9.12 018 This one is a little better. 
I tried to use white pumpkins in the sun room and leave the bright orange for outside. fall decorating 9.12 015

Happy beginning of Autumn to all of you. Will  you start to decorate soon? Which is your favorite season?

2 comments :

  1. Anonymous9:38 PM

    I love autumn. It is my favorite season. I am almost decorated. I love window candles but I only use them in December. My sister suggested I use them in the fall. I bought candles from Mary Jane before the tea shop closed. They are battery candles that come on, burn for 6 hours and turn off. The batteries lasted almost 5 months. This year I am putting them out tomorrow. I decorate the candle stick with garland and silk autumn leaves. The candle gets an autumn ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peggy, beautiful as usual:) Fall is me favorite of all because I am so thankful that I can see all the glorious colors that Jack Frost painted:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.