#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Pitt Trail and Marilla


"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and the friends I want to see."

Author: Joseph Bourough


sadie's walk at pitt 9.30.12 108

I am so lucky to have two nice walking trails very close to my house. I am about two miles from the University of Pittsburgh, Bradford campus. This wonderful university is a great asset to our town. A few years ago they made a walking trail behind the college through the woods. It is paved and is a little over three miles long to the end and back. It is very easy to hop in the car and be on the trail in a few minutes.

sadie's walk at pitt 9.30.12 077






marilla 10.3.12 002


The other trail is about four miles away and circles this beautiful reservoir called Marilla.   It is almost a mile all the way around with rustic wooden bridges and even a covered bridge near the road. Sadie and I walked all the way around on this glorious warm fall day.  marilla 10.3.12 001

1 comment :

  1. beautiful fall colors! you are lucky to have these trails so close to home :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.