#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, November 03, 2012

BLESSINGS

The Graphics Fairy - DIY: Fall Transfer Printable - Acorn Wreath - Thanksgiving

Sometimes we don't realize the blessings we have until we no longer have them. Appreciate all the blessings in your life, take none for granted.
Catherine Pulsifer

At times we tend to focus on the negative aspects of our lives and we forget the blessings that we all have. When you change your attitude to one of counting your blessings you will find you will experience less stress.

When you practice counting your blessing, you will be amazed how many there are. As you are riding on the bus, or walking through the zoo, or shopping for groceries, there are countless blessings that are in full view for you to recognize and acknowledge.
There are many quotations and sayings that reflect this message:
- "Count your blessings, not your troubles."
- "A sense of blessedness comes from a change of heart, not from more blessings." Mason Cooley
- "The great blessings of mankind are within us and within our reach; but we shut our eyes, and, like people in the dark, we fall foul upon the very thing we search for, without finding it." Seneca
- "A contented mind is the greatest blessing a man can enjoy in this world." Joseph Addison

So the next time you are feeling stressed remember these sayings. As Willie Nelson once said, "When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around."


Why does it take an event to realize how blessed you are. My recent accident gave me a pause to think. When you realize that you possible could have lost your life it makes you a lot more appreciative of all that you have. How blessed I have always been in my life. I was raised by great parents and have wonderful sisters. My family is strong and we love getting together whenever we can. I was lucky to have a good job all my life that I enjoyed. My retirement has been joyful. My life is so happy and satisfying. I count my blessings every day.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.