#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, November 01, 2012

Were you bad?

Remember-Well Behaved Women Rarel Make History

All my life I wanted to be a “good little girl”. I had the most wonderful parents and a great upbringing. So much so that I rarely rebelled and let loose. But there was that one Halloween. It was during my teenage years of course. My girlfriend and I were frequent guests of my neighbors when they went for the weekend to stay at their friends’ home in New York state. They lived on a farm and had sons our age (yes, we were boy crazy then). It was a free weekend to just about anything we wanted without parental supervision. One particular year on Halloween we were dropped off in the center of the small community town with soap in hand. It was just a small band of boys and girls. I don’t even remember how we came to have the toilet paper but the boys threw it up in the trees. We soaped all the school windows we could reach and even tied tin cans on the back of a car who stopped at a stop sign. For this “good girl” it was thrilling to be so wild and do things that I would have never even thought of at home. It was fun, dangerous, and crazy and I loved it. I’ve lived my life conservatively but still remember this one instance of wild abandon.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.