#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, November 12, 2012

When do you decorate for Christmas?

 


When do you get out your decorations? I remember when I didn’t start decorating until after the first week of December. But each year it got earlier and earlier. I still held off until well after Thanksgiving. But this year I’m having a hard time not going up to the attic and bringing down the pretties.


Are you the person who always loves tradition and puts out the very same decorations in the same places year after year? These pictures of my boys when they were small and their letters to Santa are a must to be on display each year.

christmas prep 005 
 
Or do you change your decor every year? Yep, that’s me too. Each year I try out different ways of decorating. 

There was the blue and white Christmas in 2007:
christmas 2007 003 
christmas 2007 007

In 2009 it was a Garden Christmas:

christmas 2009 040

header two

In 2010 black and white was the theme:

christmas 2010 004

2011 seemed to be the woodland theme:
christmas decor 11.11 010

christmas decor 11.11 019

So what will this year bring? Each year I vow to make it a simpler Christmas with less decoration. But when I open each packed box and see those beautiful things I can’t help myself. I want everything to be out on display. Is it too soon??? I’ll try to restrain myself until next weekend.

4 comments :

  1. Rebecca9:00 PM

    Don't worry if it is too soon. Get your stuff out and ready to go. Mine always needs organizing and sorted. Some of it even needs to be recycled, Goodwill or landfill. My mother's been dead for almost 40 years. She loved Christmas. I hear her saying to both of us, don't waste a moment, put your stuff up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just do it!!!It's never too early to celebrate :)


    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca8:18 PM

    I always have a theme. This year is Christmas in the Country. Pictures in December. I am getting a boatload of company so this year November is reserved for Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see your pictures, Becky. I'm just about ready to go up to the attic. On the next warm day Don will be able to put up the outdoor decorations. I also have a lot to go through. I think I'll take my big prelit tree down to my son's. I haven't put it up in six years. I have a small tabletop tree that I put up instead. I think one quarter of my attic is full of Christmas. It's time to really think about what I want to keep.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.