#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Diamonds on the snow




I pray this winter be gentle and kind
a season of rest from the wheel of the mind.
                      John Goulds



snow diamonds 1.13 010

This is one sight that my friends in warmer climates never get to see….the snow glistening like diamonds. It is extremely cold this morning…-1 degree and as I look out the sun is shining brightly and all of the snow is sparkling. There was even a light snow falling from the sky and the tiny snowflakes were glowing like diamonds in a jeweler’s case. The roofs are snow covered and a steady stream of gray smoke is pouring out of every chimney. I didn’t even want to go out of the house this morning so I stayed in and didn’t even meet my friends for coffee. I am so lucky to have such a warm cozy house to spend the day in.

1 comment :

  1. Peggy, thank you for the John Goulds quote. If you can talk about the winter being gentle and kind and a season of rest and have -1 degrees where you are, and show us this picture of the beautiful snow, then surely we here in TN where we had a high of 27 one day this week, surely we can settle into enjoying the winter and not constantly be wishing spring were here. All in good time!

    We will so wish we had some winter when the hot days of July come next summer! Enjoy and walk carefully up there in the frozen north!
    Dewena

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.