#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, January 14, 2013

Steve Jobs

nate photo

I have always been fascinated with the creativity of Steve Jobs, the founder of Apple. Last year I read his biography and was astounded at his daring to have such conviction in his ideas and his ability to stay true to what he believed in against all odds. This week I am reading Insanely Simple The Obsession that drives Apple’s success by Ken Segall. Although I am not a “business” person this book gives a unique perspective into how Steve Jobs used the technique of simplicity to create his Apple products. Simplicity is a value that permeated every level of the Apple organization. It’s what helped Apple recover from near death in 1997 to become the most valuable company on Earth in 2011. Two of his quotes stuck with me :


”Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice.”

”And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.”have courage

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.