#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Winter Table and reminiscing

 winter table 2013 

The snow is melting again, very slowly. The temperature is hovering just above freezing and the weather forecast says that bitter cold will be moving in after the weekend. We are used to that in Bradford, sometimes called the Coldest spot in the nation.  In fact, last winter the weather channel had a contest and Bradford was the runner up for title of Coldest Place in the country. Last winter and this winter have given us little to complain about. We have only had someone plow our driveway three times so far. That is in great contrast to the year before that when the snow was so deep I couldn’t see out my picture window.
    Today my son, Chris, and his son Scott are coming up to visit and take us out to celebrate our 47th anniversary which will be on the 22nd of January. anniversary 1.13 008
Here I am in my wedding portrait.

Myanniversary 1.13 009
My girlfriend, Kay, was my Maid-of-honor. Kay and I have remained friends for over fifty years. anniversary 1.13 010
My handsome father is walking me down the aisle.

anniversary 1.13 011

The wedding party. Three of the girls are my friends and sorority sisters from college. My sister Diane is in the front row. I can still remember how beautiful their gowns were….dark deep cranberry velvet on the top and pink satin on the bottom.
anniversary 1.13 012
A pose with our parents. How young and beautiful they look. My mother’s dress matched the bridal party…cranberry velvet with a pink ruffle. anniversary 1.13 013
Everyone has a wedding story. Mine is about the blizzard which dumped two feet of snow that night. When we came out of the church it was snowing very hard. In fact, one of the groomsmen had gone to Delaware during the day to fetch my aunt and didn’t make it home for the ceremony. We had to find my sister-in-law’s boyfriend who fit the tux to fill in. Seeing the deep snow I told don that we should just skip going to the Castle hotel and just go home. But he wanted me to have the fairy tale and we drove over to Olean in bad roads. The next day we couldn’t even see our car because it was buried so deep in the snow. But that didn’t stop us from having our honeymoon in Niagara Falls.
anniversary 1.13 014
My going away Pendleton tweed green suit.

anniversary 1.13 015 One of my favorite pictures….kissing my dad goodbye.



2 comments :

  1. Peggy, this is the loveliest post I've read and seen! I feel like I've shared in your wedding where you were so beautiful and so sweet and to see your handsome groom looking at you and your parents and friends...that Pendleton suit is almost as pretty as your gown. This just takes me back to such a lovely time. Congratulations to both of you! I think this has lifted my spirits more than anything I've seen on blogs. Thank you for sharing it with us.

    Still wish we had some of that snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Dewena.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.