#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

One book Bradford

Each year our local library chooses one book selection to be our One Book Bradford read. Copies are made available and the town gets on the bandwagon with everyone reading the same book. This year's selection is The Art of Racing in the Rain. Anyone who loves dogs will love this story told completely through Enzo's point of view. The author, Garth Stein, has a unique to tell this compelling story of a father's loss of his wife and custody battle for his daughter using a dog's words and silent understanding of events happening around him.
My friend delivered the book to me this morning and I sat down to read it. After five pages I was teary eyed and I continued to read and finish the book in a few hours. By the end I was blubbering like a baby.
Our Literary Club will be having a book discussion on the book on Friday and in April the author will be coming to town. I won't miss that!

3 comments :

  1. What a good idea!

    I always cry in stories told by dogs. It's so easy to believe they're speaking--if only we could hear them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Peggy! This sounds like a compelling read! What a fun thing for your town to do! My favorite dog story series, being an elementary teacher, is James Howe's Bunnicula books. No matter how often I read them, I laugh and laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Peggy, I am back :) I lost your blog, couldn't find my bookmark!!! Go figure!!!

    Yes, that was, indeed, a great read. Love that book!!

    Linda Lou

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.