#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Where do you find joy?

I used to be moody. Yes, when I was younger it seemed my emotions were like a roller coaster ride. I'd  anticipate an event and set expectations only to have outside events beyond my control influence whether or not I had a good time. I'd get angry easier when people didn't perform as I thought they should. So many times I'd be upset at senseless things. All those experiences were my life lessons to teach me a thing or two. I must have been a slow learner because it is only now in my older age that I have a calm attitude and find so much joy in everything. I remember reading Don't Sweat the Small Stuff..and it's all small stuff. And they were right. In the grand scheme of things those little annoyances don't really matter. So you have to wait a minute or two longer in the grocery line because the person ahead of you has a price check. Or someone doesn't drive the way you think they should and are gandering instead of pulling out with the green light. It doesn't bother me any more. I'm not perfect either. I just relax. It'll be ok. I have such joy in my life that it overcomes any daily pettiness. Many things now are cause for a smile. It is a pleasure just to wake up and think that I have a wonderful day stretching ahead of me to spend any way I want. I used to be moody.....but now I'm not!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.