#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, June 01, 2013

Abundance

The Happiness Project is a book by Gretchen Rubin that celebrates happiness. She also has a website where she discusses things that create happiness and challenges you with questions. The hot topic for the week was "do you prefer simplicity or abundance?"  
   I think everyone who knows me would have no trouble saying that I prefer abundance. I think it started in some ways early on when my family was growing up. Because I worked full time I was always trying to find ways to save time. One way was to buy in abundance. That meant shopping for deals and buying multiples...extra soap, detergent, and a freezer full of food. I liked not having to run to the grocery store all the time. In my decorating I definitely did t like to keep it simple.  Everywhere you look there are vignettes. My son says that if there is a flat surface I'll put a decoration on it. Then one day ( as I got much older and wiser). I realized that it can be overdone. Even though things were pretty they could be tot much. I started to eliminate and just try to leave some things out. There is still a lot..but not overwhelming. I have reached a stage in my life where I am finding I want to buy less, enjoy more and simplify. I am more selective about what I bring into the house and each time I clean I eliminate more and more.  I will never be a minimalist but I am leaning to more simplicity.  

 How about you?

1 comment :

  1. How about me? Just don't want to dust all that I would love to have :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.