#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father’s Day

dad.walk

There’s something like a line of gold thread running through a man’s words when he talks to his daughter and gradually over the years it gets to be long enough for you to pick up in your hands and weave into a cloth that feels like love itself.  It is only when you grow up and step back from your father or leave him for your own career and your own home, it’s only then you can measure his greatness and fully appreciate it.  Dad, you didn’t tell me how to live.  You live, and let me watch you do it.  I learned from you honesty, intelligence, creativity, the love of continuous learning and discovery , work ethics, patience and creative problem solving.  I couldn’t teach people in 50 years what you taught by example in one week.  I cannot measure my admiration for the type of man you were.  No matter how old I grow I will always look up to you.  Your kind, gentle, and generous soul affects all who knew you.  I am so proud to call you father.
   When my sister was here we went to a medium. I am convinced of an after life and that spirits are around. The medium really confirmed that for me. My dad mentioned the name of family member that we had visited just the other day out of the blue..Delaney. He also said, “I am resting now” and said “I have the dog with me”. The medium said it was a beagle. My dad loved hunting with beagles. He also mentioned Seattle where my nephew lives. She also knew that he had a head injury and a right foot problem. I know you might think these are random guesses but when the medium came out with my mother’s middle name out of the blue I knew that she got messages. The old fashioned name Blanche is not one that someone would know. 
   So I know that even though dad is not present on Earth that he is still around and still knows what is happening here.
    Happy Father’s Day, Dad.

2 comments :

  1. We are so blessed with such wonderful fathers and what you wrote about your Dad, it's beautiful.


    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.