#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Agapanthus

I love Agapanthus. I first saw this blue flower at a bed and breakfast that I was staying at in Provence. I'm partial to blue flowers anyway and this one had all those details that made my heart sing...long narrow leaves, tall spiky stems and clusters of flowers which jut out above the greenery. When I saw one at a nursery last year I just had to have it even though it was not rated for our growing zone. But I looked it up and found out that you could winter it over in the house which I did. It browned a little on the leaves but survived. I put it out in June but so far it doesn't look promising for a flower. Maybe I should add a little more fertilizer?  Anyway..here it is.....
 






No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.