#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Do you,read the Oprah magazine?

I
My new issue of the Oprah magazine came today. I subscribe to very few magazines. I've kept Southern Lady and Oprah and look forward to each issue. I'm also getting the Cottage Journal with all it's lovely pictures and thick paper which feels good on my fingers. So many of the other magazines became so full of ads that it was work trying to find the pages with real articles. 
   My Southern Lady is read at leisure, dwelling on the pictures and savoring the pages. The CottageJournal  will be picked up time and time again. I even save these magazines and will often gather all the issues for a season and enjoy once again the pictures or recipes. But the Oprah magazine is different. I start at the very beginning and read straight through..usually all at one sitting. Then I am through with it never wanting to go back.  I quickly pass it on to a friend. 
   One page that I enjoy is always at the beginning where they ask questions of the contributing editors. Since the issue focused on hair Here is how I would answer today's questions. 
  My daily hair routine consists of.....trying to handle my thin fine hair by blowing it dry, using the curling iron and adding many products to give it more body. 
  The best hair advice I ever received was....stop Perming and coloring. It destroys the hair to do both so often. I'm giving my hair a rest from perms now and it seems fuller and more healthy. 
  My hair idol is....Sarah Jessica Parker. Her sexy hair was so abundant and full with curls.  I could only envy just being able to pull your hair up and not fuss with it. 
My most memorable style was....in the 70’s I wore a hairpiece which helped give me more hair. I went to a hairdresser every week and she piled it up and teased and curled it   
  Our hair is our crowning glory. When it looks good we feel great. And when it looks bad...well lookout!   How about you?  Can you tell me your answers to the hair questions?  


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.