#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Wherever you go

"Wherever you go becomes a part of you somehow."  

Having lived in the same town most of my life I cannot say that I am worldly. But I do love to travel and see new places. Since my family has all moved away I have places to visit here in the states. I've traveled mostly south...Virginia, North Carolina and Tennessee. I've been to the New England states and California too. And I've taken a Caribbean cruise. I've even been fortunate to have traveled three times to Europe..to France, Germany, and Denmark. 
   Each time I think about those individual trips I can pull a distinct memory out of my head and place myself right back in the scene. How could you forget peeking at French pastries in the patisserie in Paris? And walking through the purple lavender fields of Provence. I can still feel the rain in the air when we cruised down the Rhine in Germany and saw castles at every bend in the river. One special day in San Francisco my friend's son took us to the museum to see paintings by Monet, rode us down crooked Lombard street and gave us an amazing experience in a Vietnamese restaurant. Sightseeing Boston in a duck boat is an experience everyone should have. 
     Yes, all of the trips I take fill my soul.  They allow me to be more because I have experienced more. They take me away from the small town that I live in and give me new points of view.  Aren't we lucky to have our memories?





2 comments :

  1. Losing our memories would be the cruelest blow! Have a good week, Peggy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you have done the traveling you have. There is no better way to spend your money than seeing how other people live and the beauty of other lands. I tell that to my kids now, don't wait until you're old to travel, make it a priority now. It must enrich you so much.

    Now you do have memories to last a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.