#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Ask me questions ill tell you no lies

When you are blogging daily sometimes you run out of things to blog about. My blog is just my everyday journal and the topics vary as much as my days do. Right now I am staying home until my head heals a little so I am borrowing an idea from another blog today and answering questions. I love photography and was reading My Corner through the lens. There are some wonderful photographers out there and they inspire me with their work. Today she answered these questions put to her. So I thought I'd dothe same. 

1.  What pivotal event in your life changed you for the better?
   I think that having children made me a different person than I would have been without them. I had always liked kids.  Growing up in my neighborhood I was one of the oldet and took a lead role in games and play times. I was the oldest of three sisters and mothered my younger siblings too. I became an elementary teacher to continue to share my love of children. When I had a miscarriage after I got married and couldn't get pregnant I thought that being a mother was not going to happen to me. How fortunate I was to have two sons later. Those boys changed my life in ways even I can't fully realize. They completed me. 


2. Oldies? Contemporary?  Hip hop?  Jazz? Blues?  Rat pack?  Polka?
  My music taste might contain all of the above and even include zydeco too. I've always been a music lover. I had piano lessons as a kid, tries to teach myself to play the guitar one summer (and ended up with calluses on the tips of my fingers) and even played the accordion and keyboard. I like all kinds of music. On my player you will find James Taylor, broadway songs, Paul Simon, Norah Jones, Dixieland, movie themes, ..oh, and I love Blurred Lines. 

3. spring or Falll
    No question about it Fall has always been my favorite season. I love the sweaters, the leaves, the crisp air. There is a cuddly feeling of being in a warm house that is like being tucked under a warm blanket. 

4. What is your favorite comfort food?

When I am feeling low or hurting I want a dish of ice cream every time. 

5. What is your favorite creative activity?.
I like arranging. It can be making a wreath, putting together a flower arrangement, making a door decoration or putting a vignette on a surface. I just love pushing and placing things in a way that satisfies my artistic eye. 

6.  Looking back on your life what era would you like to live over?
 As far as having fun I'd live over my college days. It was the most carefree of times in the sixties. I loved the college atmosphere and being around people. I was dating Don then and looked forward to the weekend when he would come home from the Navy to be with me. I remember those days fondly. 

7.  Barefoot or slippers?
There's nothing like a warm fuzzy slipper when it's cold. 

8.  How would you describe your decorating style?
Evolving.  I have not been one to keep the same style throughout the years. I've gone through a country phase than completely changed to more links and blues. There were ducks in my kitchen....and then roosters. But at the moment I would say my style is traditional with a touch of garden. It's a comfortable style where it looks pretty but you aren't afraid to live in my house. 

9.  What evokes emotion in you?
  Seeing injustice in the world makes me cry. I don't understand how we can have so much and other countries struggle for their daily lives. Good romantic movies make me cry too. Who doesn't love a good love scene? 

10.  What one thing do you want to accomplish before your life is over?
  I would like to master photography. I love the camera and what it can show. I'd like to learn to take better pictures. 


2 comments :

  1. This is beautiful Peggy, putting it out from your heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peggy, I missed the post about your surgery until now. I hope it wasn't too bad, just glad you got it taken care of. I went through it too in 2004 and keep a close eye on it now. Mine was right beside my nose and was pretty scary.

    I liked reading your answers to the questions. And I love Zydeco too! It drives R.H. crazy when I play it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.