#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, October 28, 2013

Last Tango in Halifax

Score another point for the ipad. At Literary Club I was talking to gal about books and tv and she was singing the praises of streaming movies and tv series on her ipad. I also had been doing that since I can stream Netflix movies and tv series. But she turned me on to streaming PBS MasterpieceTheater  programs. 
  The first one I found was Last Tango in Halifax. There are six episodes and I dearly loved it. Maybe because it was about two older people who found each other after many years. Here is the plot. 


From award-winning writer Sally Wainwright comes this uplifiting comedy drama about romance and second chances. Full of zesty humor, great characters and glorious dialogue, it’s about timeless love in a very modern setting.

Childhood sweethearts Alan and Celia, both widowed and in their 70s, fall for each other all over again when they are reunited on the internet after nearly 60 years. As their lives collide for a second time, the couple lament over what might have been as they take us on a life-affirming journey of what can still happen.

Their relationship is a celebratory tale of the power of love at any age. But this is also a story about family, and with family comes baggage.




No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.