#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, October 21, 2013

Something old, something new

Lets talk about decorating taste. It's such a personal thing. Mine's been evolving ever since I bought my first house. I was young and really didn't have style at all. We had a Scandinavian TV console, a brown couch, and end tables bought by my mother in law without my input. My attempt at style was to paper the spare bedroom with  blue toile paper. 
  Then we moved into our present home and I was into my country phase. Lots of crocks, nubby candles, and plaid couch...it was the seventies you know. I really thought I was in style with my duck themed kitchen.   
   I had a rose and blue Victorian phase that even included a pink rug...what was I thinking?
And now that the kids are grown up I have my pretties. I guess you could call my style traditional/garden. 
  All this leads up to my trip to Big Lots where I purchased this silver glass hammered plate. Is my taste evolving again into a more contemporary style I love it!
  How about you? What can you share about the way you decorate your home?

1 comment :

  1. Peggy, again, we find things in common! While I doubt that I'll make many big changes in my style now, that doesn't keep me from planning what I'd do if I were younger. If I were 30 or even 40 and could still get up and down out of slinky chairs easily I would go mid-century or maybe even industrial, like your new plate, have pipes running overhead and a big metal island on trolley rollers in the kitchen, etc.

    Except in my bedroom. In there it will always be old lady English cottage for me.

    It keeps us young, Peggy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.