#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, November 04, 2013

From parent to child

These wise words are not from me but they are so good I had to pass them on. I think I will also,send them to my grandson. 

1.. Stay true to you. Never forget to listen to yourself before anyone else.


2. Remember that your sibling is your friend forever. When you feel like no one is on your side…they always will be.

3. Even though you don’t want to listen to me at times, I will continue to talk and try to guide you. I know that you are hearing me even if you don’t want to acknowledge.

4. Sometimes friends won’t always act like friends. It happens. Forgive and move on.

5. Take time for your passions. They will always bring you joy…even when your old like me;)

6. Surround yourself with people who make you laugh. It is the key to staying young. Laugh often. Laugh hard. Laugh until you are crying.

7. As you get older, you will be given more responsibility. It is our only true job. To help you become happy, independent and helpful people.

8. Make your decisions carefully and with a mindful heart.

9. Remember that grades are only one measure of success. Just try your best…truly your own personal best is all we will ever ask.

10. Remember that we look at everything you do online…if you wouldn’t stay/do/pose etc..…in front of us…then it shouldn’t be online for the world to see. Period.

11. From the time we brought you home from the hospital…we had to start letting you go. Remember to be patient with us…it is really hard to do sometimes.

12. Nothing good happens after midnight. It’s just a fact….so you won’t miss anything. Don’t worry about it.

13. Don’t assume things of other people based on appearance. Because what you are thinking in your head is usually very far from the reality.

14. Eat real food. Like fruit and vegetables. It will always help you think clearly…and makes your skin pretty ;)

15. Respect your teachers.

16. Empty the dishwasher…when no one is looking. Small acts of kindness will help make your heart sing.

17. Let me always hug you and give you millions of kisses on those cheeks.

18. Spend time with you Grandparents…when you are old you will miss them.

19. Nothing disappoints us more than lying. Just tell us the truth…no matter if it is ugly…we will always understand more than a lie.

20. Don’t forget to listen in church. It will help you solve every problem in your head.

21. Keep smiling.

22. If you catch me staring at you….it is just because sometimes I still see your little baby face and it makes me happy.

23. If you see a friend in a tough situation…be the one to help…because when you don’t help you are just as guilty as the one who is being mean.

24. When the world seems like it’s handing you too many problems…we will make chocolate chip cookies and we will solve them together.

25. One best friend is better than a dozen sort of friends.

26. If all else fails….watch some home movies. They will make you laugh…and help you to remember all your blessings.

27. I will call you peanut and bear when your 40…just get used to it.

28. Take the high road. Sometimes it seems that no one else is…but it proves to be the best path…always.

29. Always look for the next adventure…but be mindful to live in the moment.

30. We love you…more.

 



1 comment :

  1. Each one of these is full of wisdom. I wish I'd had someone tell me that when I was young!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.