#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, November 18, 2013

Oprah, have you lost touch?

Don't get me wrong..I LOVE Oprah. I've been a fan since the beginning and I love her honesty and wisdom. The new issue of the Oprah magazine came in the mail yesterday. I always look forward to reading it cover to over. Her big thing in the December issue is always her favorite things. As I looked through them I realized something...I can't afford any of them. 
  Like this cake..

Beautiful but $79? Really, Oprah? 

Shower gel and body wash are always good go to presents...but shower gel at $75 and body milk at $95?  Am I the only one who thinks this is a little crazy?


And on and on it went...tshirts, only $136 for four......nail polish..8 for $85 ....$220 for a pair of earrings. As I turned page after page I realized that I must be poor. My pocketbook doesn't allow for these extravagances. Maybe I need to win them from Oprah because that's the only way I'll see any of this stuff in my house. Or if you whisper in Santa's ear. 






2 comments :

  1. Peggy, I too think that. Are there really that many of her readers who can afford them? Is her median readership on that level? I wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, go figure! She can afford to lower those prices for all to enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.