#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

14 in 2014

You've heard me talk about Kim Klassen many times on this blog. She is a talented blogger, photographer and philosopher. I admire her so much. Especially the past months when she has been going through trials with her husband's cancer. But she still shows up on her blog to keep us up to date but also to still share her talents. 
   Today she put out a challenge. Which requires a lot of thought. To list 14 things that you want to happen in 2014.  I think it's hard to come up with a list of dreams and goals. But here are mine. In no particular order. 

1. I will create a photograph that is so outstanding that I will frame it and hang it on my wall. 
2.  I will understand all those buttons and gadgets on my camera and use them correctly. 
3. Sadie and I will take long happy walks to get in better shape. 
4.  This will be a year of relaxing and not rushing. 
5. I will enjoy more time reading great books. 
6. Don and I will find an activity that we both enjoy doing together. 
7. I will lose enough weight so that climbing the basement stairs will not be hard. 
8. I will enjoy my three o'clock tea time ritual each day. 
9. There will be a fabulous trip in my future this year. 
10. This will be the year of decluttering and letting go. 
11. My garden will be spectacular. 
12. Each day I will find great happiness in my family and friends. 
13. I will let go of past problems, disappointments, resentments, and troubles and only look to the future 
14.  I will be bursting with joy. 


What are your 14?

2 comments :

  1. fun!
    things i want to happen?
    1. get healthy... learned how much i took it for granted. never again! if i ever get it back. make that WHEN i get it back!
    2. changing shampoo. i'm in a rut!
    3. eating smaller meals oftener.
    4. walking EVERY day. even the bad days. at least a little!
    5. allow. allow instead of trying to fix. for me. for others.
    6. strengthen my faith. finding that closeness that has gone in the past few years. finding HIM again.
    7. goodness! i'm only 1/2 way and the list is getting slim. i will
    work on my social anxiety.
    8. weed out my clothes closet even more.
    9. paint. i used to years ago. i meant to last year. never got around to it. this year! acrylics.
    10. cook more. and try to enjoy it. LOLOL.
    11. good grief. i'm never going to make it to 14!!!
    but i like the number 11.
    it's a very good number. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca9:58 PM

    I am working on my 14. The Children will be gone by noon and I will start my list. It may take me a week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.