#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Everyone needs a little JOY

Jan Williams brought out the creativity in me.  Just watching someone put together wreaths and centerpieces right in front of your eyes using fresh greenery inspires you to create too. One thing that she demonstrated used the letters JOY. I immediately left the college and visited her shop where I purchased those JOY letters. Today I made my version of a JOY wreath. I also bought that lovely green bird with the ribbon tail feathers at Jan’s shop.IMG_0035


It was traveling again for me today as Don took me down to St. Mary’s (a town about an hour south of here) to get my eyes measured for my cataract surgery that I will have after the holidays. The weather is about twenty degrees and snowy but the roads were clear.
  All of a sudden I feel like there is too much to do and too little time. Tomorrow I’m working on wrapping presents and organizing what I have and seeing what more I need to buy. No obligations for the rest of the week so I should be able to catch up.  Whoops, I just remembered the laundry in the basement…got to go.
   Wherever you are please enjoy this evening. Is anyone watching Survivor this year? Don and I have watched every season and each time we say we won’t…but end up doing it anyway. I can’t wait till January for Downton Abbey to come back on.. and then there is American Idol. I love all the judges so it ought to be a good season. What do you like on tv?

   Sorry I seem to be rambling on…it’s just that kind of day. I’m stopping for a cup of tea.>>LOL.

5 comments :

  1. Anonymous5:22 PM

    Love the wreath, Peggy. I realy like the unusual shape.

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is lovely.
    i like the unusual color combination. it goes with the shape.
    thinking outside the box!
    and anything with a bird on it is heaven to me.
    i'll be interested in how your surgery goes. it is something i will be having to have one of these years coming up soon.
    i also have dry macular degeneration. which I call REGENERATION. trying to use my mind to heal and turn it around!
    love the shots of the candle-lier!
    a new camera . . . FUN! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca8:49 PM

    I love the wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you did with the wreath, totally out of the ordinary :)

    Rambling??? Nah, you are just speaking from your heart :)

    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that all the good PBS shows are over and now that Blacklist is over, I have nothing to watch. I channel surf in vain unless there is a Christmas movie on I want to see. I could get up and put on a movie but never do. For some reason I watch them the week after Christmas.

    I am so glad I had the cataract surgery a couple of years ago. I don't have to wear my glasses except for reading now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.