#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Sunday, December 08, 2013

Moldiv

I know you've seen the stone tower before but I'm trying out moldiv a new app to make collages. 

Fredericksburg is experiencing snowy rain today and the roads were a little slushy. I hope they are better by tomorrow when I return to pennsylvania. Today we took a little trip to,Costco, Michael's and JCP. I also was,able to buy some Christmas presents. We are resting now and later we'll do a craft. Linda is reading the cutest book about now things were in the fifties. What a simpler time.  The moms stayed home and the kids played outside all day. We hated to be called in for supper.  Even in the winter we stayed out as long as we could. Then we played jacks, board games or used our imaginations. My grandchildren would be very surprised to know that I cut dolls from the Sears catalog and cut dresses for them.  Do you have those kind of fifties memories?

3 comments :

  1. Oh, yes I do! And they are wonderful memories. I don't remember cutting paper dolls out of catalogues but it is funny how much fun I had with paper dolls. Do they even make them today? Or is it now on a video game?

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! to everything here!
    cutting out of the sears catalogue! LOL.
    and jacks was a favorite.
    and hop scotch.
    we stayed out til the LAST minute!
    paper dolls and coloring books.
    remember the paper dolls of movie stars? i had doris day and debbie reynolds.
    i wanted a coloring book for MYSELF NOW the other day . . . and you know something . . . i couldn't even find one.
    i'll keep looking.
    so relaxing. sigh.
    i draw and even paint some.
    but there is something just so relaxing about a coloring book and crayons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those, definitely, were the good old days :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.