#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Sunday, December 15, 2013

My grandson

Dan has become such a wonderful man. He was at my house a lot when he was a baby. Being a teacher I got out an old wooden calendar off the wall. Do you remember those calendars that had wooden number blocks that you could move?  I taught him numbers..remember that he was not even one yet and could barely walk. Soon he was able to arrange them in order. He was. Smart even at that early age. He also learned the letters quickly. I like to think that my early influence had something to do with his choice of a future career. He is a graduate of Penn State with a degree in mechanical engineering now working in Pittsburgh area   But his dad who is also an engineer may have had something to do with it. 

1 comment :

  1. i remember this beautiful couple in europe from a previous post!
    what a heartwarming story.
    and I DO remember those blocks!
    i had them too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.