#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Remembering a castle

See this castle way up on the hill?  


   It is Neuschwanstein castle the most famous castle in Germany and the one that Walt Disney based his magic castle on. When I visited Germany with my sister and niece our friend took us all around Germany and France in her car. One of our stops was a visit to this castle in the summertime. We saw a horse drawn wagon at the bottom but decided instead to,walk it. Little did we know just how far up on the hill it was. 


It was a long walk but worth it when we saw the huge red front. 


We had a wonderful tour and it changed my idea of what a castle was. I thought cold, dark, and dingy but this was opulent. 




Every time I see an image of the castle I think back to that wonderful trip. Aren't memories great?

2 comments :

  1. Not only are memories are great, so are the pictures for all to see through your eyes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely castle, Peggy! It is magical! thanks for sharing your memories of it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.