#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Sunday, December 01, 2013

Who you are

"YOU DON’T NEED TO MAKE YOUR TASTES A SELF-CONSCIOUS STATEMENT ABOUT WHO YOU ARE. JUST UNAPOLOGETICALLY LIKE THE THINGS YOU LIKE."



 I don't feel like a materialistic person but I have to admit that there are material things that make me happy. Finding a treasure when I am shopping and bringing it home gives me great pleasure. It's an old hobnail vase that belonged to my mother which brings back memories of the wildflower stems that dad brought in for it. It's a tray that I made by saving up paper menues and leaves from France to put under glass.  A rock that I picked up on the shores of the Mediterranean Sea. An metal orb which I had admired in magazines. As I walked through my rooms I gaze on each shelf, each wall, or each table and know that I have chosen every piece for a reason. It spoke to my heart. My artistic eye moves to to continue to decorate my nest. It is pleasure able to gaze on the textures and shine. It is who I am. 


3 comments :

  1. wisdom.
    light and lovely wisdom.
    a lovely balance here.
    i don't think loving and enjoying treasures that we've acquired in our lives is materialism so much.
    i think people that buy tons of stuff and yet more plastic or the things they can't afford really ~ without going deeply into debt ~ or to just keep up with 'other people' . . . or maybe just to BUY constantly . . . maybe that's materialism. i don't know.
    but i don't think you're materialistic at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca9:34 PM

    I think our homes and possessions speaks volumes about who we really are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are the best kind of acquisitions, those that tell a story to the person who sees them and leave you with pleasant memories every time you touch them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.