#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, January 20, 2014

A quiet house

When it's silent in my house I can hear the ticking of the wall clock counting out the time as it passes. It's not often that quiet here. I like music and most of the time there is a television on somewhere. These January days I feel like a goldfish in a bowl looking out at the world knowing I'm safe and cozy right where I am. There are books to read and household things to do. But I love the stillness of January. Even the birds have left the feeder for their afternoon nap. 


2 comments :

  1. Our family Mother, Grandmother, Sister and me loved Gladys Taber. I have many of her books and they are just as readable today as 50 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have three of her books. but have read them all. thanks to the library!
    she was wonderful and her words live on!
    i love the pictures ... looking out at the snow.
    so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.