#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Friday, January 03, 2014

What I did on my Christmas vacation

When I taught third grade I used to give a writing assignment after Christmas…What I did on my Christmas vacation.  It was always interesting to see how they enjoyed their time off. This Christmas we went to Tennessee to visit Ryan and family. While we were there Chris and his boys, girlfriends, and dogs came too. We had a fantastic time being all together for a week. Here are some highlights.
sara and sean making puppets

As always I had such fun with my two little grandchildren. I brought felt, googly eyes and popsicle sticks and we made Christmas puppets.
sara opening presents sara and mommy sean and sara with tree
Christmas morning was a delight with the screeching and whopping.   They were so happy with all their presents. IMG_0206 IMG_0211
IMG_0212
The next morning when we got up I thought it was romantic that Ryan and Jenny were sitting in front of the fire….until they told me that they lost power.  Luckily it was only for a few hours.
IMG_0257
Then they rest of the group arrived. That night we had real tamales courtesy of my friend Linda Platko. It was a Mexican feast. IMG_0295
And then Christmas all over again.  
IMG_0309IMG_0514 IMG_0310
The next day Ryan fixed us a wonderful breakfast. He is the king of breakfast potatoes. IMG_0491 IMG_0493

 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.