#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Fake it till you make it...or is it Spring yet?



Yes, it's still winter and it will be Winter for quite a while longer. In Bradford Spring really doesn't get here until April. I count it to be Spring when the daffodils come up and we see flowers and budding trees. After our long winter the sight of colorful flowers will be welcome. 
   Some people can't stand to have faux flowers in their homes but sometimes if you want to see them that is the way you have to go. I have fake greenery and flowers all over my house. I long to have access to the beautiful flower markets that are on every street corner in Europe. They know the value and renewal of fresh flowers in the home. They would be appalled to see my fake blooms. 
  Once in a while I just have to have something blooming.  And so I bought some hyacinths at Wegman's on Thursday. I am looking forward to their aroma as they bloom forth. They were in a little plastic pot and when I repotted them into my blue and white bowl the roots were so pot bound that they spiraled all around and around and were trying to climb out of the pot. I'm sure it is much happier now. 


1 comment :

  1. i'm SO glad you rescued it! it will reward you i'm sure! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.