#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Have you ever played Marbles?

marbles 2.14 003
This board game was introduced to me by my sister who  learned to play it when she lived in Greensboro, North Carolina. She belonged to a Newcomers group that met to play this fascinating game that you cannot buy at a store. I had my board handmade by a man in Smith Mountain Lake, Virginia. It’s not a hard game to play once you learn the rules. It is a little like Sorry.
  Today Lynda Rook had us to her house for lunch and to play marbles. She delighted us with great food…a chicken casserole, a unique carrot dish, breads and lovely fruit platters. For dessert she made Peanut Busters, an ice cream, oreo, chocolate and Spanish peanut delight. The company was great and we enjoyed the afternoon laughing and having fun.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.