#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, February 17, 2014

How am I doing?


Do you have a bucket list? I have read that written goals have a better chance of coming true and that is what a bucket list is. It’s a list of all the things you’d like to do before you kick the bucket.  Quite a while ago when I was taking a graduate course our professor asked us to list five things we’d like to do in the future. As a lark I put down “Go to Paris”.  It was a far fetched goal..one I thought I’d never in a million years get to do.  But within five year I went to Germany with my sister and we took a train to Paris. I still pinch myself to make sure it was true.
   So after that I made a bucket list and crossed them off one by one. I didn’t make a deliberate plan to accomplish all the things on the list, but one by one they were crossed off. There are still some things left to do and I need to add more. But here is the list:

Go to Paris again.

Experience Tuscany.
Take a cooking class.
Study painting and become an artist.
Go to a spa and have a facial.
Read along the beach.
Remodel/redecorate the house.
Take a vacation to Alaska with Don.
Drive a Porsche.
Get false nails.
Go to a workshop of all women.
take a watercolor class.
Make a cutting garden.
Make money on a craft.
Stay at a luxurious hotel.
Go to Disneyworld.
Lose fifty pounds.
Learn to cross country ski.
Go antiquing in Brimfield Mass.
go to the Poconos in the fall.
Ride a bike around State Park.
Get a Vespa.
Go on a picnic to the Welland Canal.
See a broadway play.
Write and illustrate a children’s book.
Take a class at Chautauqua Institute.
get a digital camera.
Decoupage photos onto fabric pillows.
Have a women’s support group.
Go to the beach.
Go on a cruise.
Get on a walking program.
Ride horseback.
Go on a surprise weekend with my husband.
Sell something on Ebay.
Get the house organized.
Have a yard sale.
Spend a lazy day on the boat
Go for a picnic to State Park.
Become a runner.
Spend the night on a boat.
Go to New England.
Enjoy a Bemus point Concert.
Put an addition on the house.
Ride in a limo.

I’m sure there are more things I’d like to add.

Light a paper lantern on the shore of a lake and let it sail into the sky.
Go to the Florida Keys and watch a sunset.
Have a family vacation at a destination.
Go to Carmel, California and stay at a Bed and Breakfast.
Stay up and watch the falling stars.

How about you?  What is on your bucket list?

paris tower

The difference between a dream and a goal is a timeline.

what's stopping you

3 comments :

  1. Hi Peggy! What a great bucket list you have! Definitely going to Paris is on mine, and if things go according to plans, I'll see Paris later this year, with a stopover in Iceland, bookending our trip to London. I made it within 35 kilometers of Paris back in 1972 when two college friends and I were doing the Volkswagen bus tour of France and Spain. What an adventure! I can't believe we did it. My bucket list is long and getting longer. I want to paint too! Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunt Peggy, love the bucket list!! I need to start one too. Funny how many we seem to have in common! Love & miss you! Caron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.