#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Is life an adventure today?

Because of our routines we forget that life is an ongoing adventure.                                                                                    ~ Maya Angelou


What a great quote from a great lady. I was first introduced to Maya Angelou by way of the Oprah Winfrey show. Oprah is quick to say that she feels like Maya is her mother/sister. Dr. Maya Angelou is a remarkable Renaissance woman who is hailed as one of the great voices of contemporary literature. As a poet, educator, historian, best-selling author, actress, playwright, civil-rights activist, producer and director, she continues to travel the world, spreading her legendary wisdom. Within the rhythm of her poetry and elegance of her prose lies Angelou's unique power to help readers of every orientation span the lines of race. Angelou captivates audiences through the vigor and sheer beauty of her words and lyrics.




Oprah frequently quotes Maya on her show. Here are some more of her famous quotes. 













2 comments :

  1. Thanks for posting on Maya Angelou, Peggy! She is an amazing woman. I find her last quote particularly helpful. I've made taken wrong turns and made mistakes in my past, and I have found this quote eases my pain. It reminds me that despite how some things turned out, I did always try my best and when I knew better I did better. It has helped me be forgiving to my younger self. I hope that you are having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quote is my very favorite of hers it allows us to forgive our naive self

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.