#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

ladies who lunch

This month our Red Hat ladies (who are no longer Red Hats and who are calling themselves the Circle of Friends now) went to lunch at Sprague’s in Portville, NY. spragues 2.14 065spragues 2.14 067

spragues 2.14 082

It is famous for making their own maple syrup and as you walk in you can see the huge evaporators behind a wall of windows. They even have maple leaves embossed in their cement walk. spragues 2.14 081

There is a nice gift store with country items. I love the puppet selection. spragues 2.14 079
The atmosphere is definitely country and this table of critters greets you as you walk in. spragues 2.14 071

There are huge antler chandeliers and a great stone fireplace.
spragues 2.14 073
spragues 2.14 072

spragues 2.14 077
There are even bears sledding on the roof of the kitchen.
spragues 2.14 076
The food is always good. Their specialty is free range turkey and biscuits but today I had pancakes with their own maple syrup. It was my turn to play host with Joan and Lisa so we brought African Violets to brighten up the table and raffle off. That little bit of bloom really brightened out day at the table.
  Next month we will go to the Runway CafĂ© at our local airport.


1 comment :

  1. Rebecca11:52 PM

    Peg, I love Spragues but for what ever reason John does not. He denies this but I notice that when I mention it, he always wants to go somewhere else.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.