#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, February 27, 2014

The majesty of wildlife

We live in the middle of the woods with hills surrounding us. So it is not unusual to see wildlife. Even in the summertime bear meander through our yards periodically. But I still get a thrill when I see wild creatures up close.
deer 006
As I was reading in the sunroom a movement caught my eye and I saw deer stepping gently past my window. I grabbed my camera which still had the zoom lens on it and got some amazing shots.
deer 009

deer 011deer 013

This one is my favorite. deer 020

“Mother Nature is our teacher—reconnecting us with Spirit, waking us up and liberating our hearts. When we can transcend our fear of the creatures of the forest, then we become one with all that is; we enter a unity of existence with our relatives—the animals, the plants and the land that sustains us.”
Sylvia Dolson, Joy of Bears

“Walk in kindness toward the Earth and every living being. Without kindness and compassion for all of Mother Nature’s creatures, there can be no true joy; no internal peace, no happiness. Happiness flows from caring for all sentient beings as if they were your own family, because in essence they are. We are all connected to each other and to the Earth.”
Sylvia Dolson, Joy of Bears

4 comments :

  1. this has been an unbelievably hard time for the wildlife this winter. many in some states are starving. and they're so beautiful!
    one year in minnesota when we lived there... the wolves came down from the high woods. no food.
    it was below zero for days and days on end.
    your deer are so lovely. trying to reach the tree food. my heart in my throat.
    beautiful photography.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How special to have the deer walk through your yard. We live by woods and I see deer tracks in the snow, but I don't hardly ever see the deer. Luckily I have never a seen a bear, or tracks. My favorite picture is the deer eating also.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely are, you live in...

    And what wonderful photos you got! Wasn't it super, that you had the needed setting on your camera, already? How often does that happen, hu? :-)

    -sigh- Yes, me-thinks that we are tooooo cut off from Nature, in this day and age. We can heat/cool/light our lives, 24/7. We can circumvent the Natural World. To our loss. To our loss.

    I love to pay attention to the Turning of the Wheel of the Year. Notice the Seasons change. Notice how the sun rises/sets at different time, with the Season. Etc. Etc. Etc. And try to Live In The Present Season. I appreciate how Pagans try to do this. More so than so many other people...

    A lovely post, both visually and message... Thank you.

    And please forgive, that I went off on a different tangent, in my comment. You were speaking of the natural world of animals, and I turned, to all of Nature. :-) But they fit together.

    Gentle hugs,
    Tessa~


    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooops, not enough proof reading.

    That should have read; "What a lovely AREA, you live in..."

    Tessa~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.