#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Health update

I had my throat scope done this morning. I was his first patient so I didn't have to wait long. I had scar tissue inside my esophagus which causes a narrowing...about the size of your finger. No wonder food got stuck. He dilated it but only a little since there could be a danger of rupturing. Evidently the scarring is cause by acid reflux so I need to avoid any acid producing foods like tomatoes, tea, chocolate, etc. I also have medicine in the form of a pill which I am fearful of swallowing. Wish me luck with this  I'm not a happy camper at the moment. 

4 comments :

  1. I hope you feel better soon. Sending good wishes your way.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gracious, I missed this post!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Glad you had the throat scope done, and got a result. With a diagnosis, a plan can be put in place. "Been there, done that, got the Tshirt." As you know, because I wrote a long email. :-)

    You will deal with this. You will!!!!! And you will feel better!!!! You will!

    Mmmmm, wonder if you were prescribed the same med, which I am on? It is a big looking sucker. But it's coated, so goes down well.

    Hugs, hugs, hugs,
    Tessa~

    ReplyDelete
  3. when the tumor was pressing against my trachea and constricting everything in my throat... I too was scared of swallowing those big honking pills. one got caught once and I literally thought I was going to die. right there standing at the kitchen sink.
    it's the most frightening thing in the world.
    my heart goes out to you.
    I had to take the pill.
    what to do? fear even makes all those throat muscles constrict as well... making it even harder.
    I dipped the thing in oil. seriously I picked it up with tweezers. dipped the whole thing in tasteless canola oil and then swallowed it and drank MILK immediately afterward. the milk coated my throat too so it all went down easier. sounds silly but it worked.
    oh yes. and before even the milk and the pill... I drank something HOT or VERY WARM to relax my throat.
    hope that helps just a tiny bit.
    tessa has been there too as i read her coment. it helps to know you're not alone.
    bless you dear heart.
    at least NOW you know what it is.
    holding only good thoughts for you here. and keeping a white light of healing love all around you. xo ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rebecca3:03 PM

    So sorry Peg.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.