#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, March 31, 2014

Self portraits

Do you like your own picture?  Do you shy away when someone gets the camera out?  So many of us see ourselves in photos and declare that we don't look like that. The camera doesn't lie and we don't see ourselves as others see us. We are supercritical towards ourselves.  That is why it is hard to put yourself on a blog. 
   I am currently taking a course on self portraiture. It's actually for iphonography but since I don't have an iPhone I'm using my ipad to take pictures. Would you like to see some of my results ?
    Anyone who knows me can tell you that I love hats. In fact I have quite a collection. They are hanging on the wall in the spare bedroom.  


They have ribbons, feathers or pins on them. 



So I thought I'd try on a few and take some selfless.  Then I used different apps to create my self portraits. Here are the results. 







2 comments :

  1. Ohhhhhhh, cute!!!!!! I love it!

    Oh yes, I cringe when someone gets a camera out. And it's getting worse and worse, because with these new-fangled cell phones, I don't even know if my "Grands" are taking pics or not. -pout- Talk about not fair!!!!!!

    So when I actually want a pic of myself, I take my little camera and look in a mirror and take about 300 thousand snaps. -grin- Somewhere in there, I find one I can stand. :-) This is my version of a Selfie, since I don't have a fancy cell phone, to take such with.

    But oh yes, even with pics I take of myself, I'll look and say; "That's not what I see, in the mirror!" -sigh- Are we actually able to mess-with our sight, so we can seeeeeeeee something different, than what others seeeee?

    So hats, must be your "Signature." If you like them, you probably wear one often. Guess that doing so, would make hats, your signature. I like that, having some sort of a signature. Guess my round black frames will be mine now. :-) Haven't seen any others in this area, yet.

    Tessa~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never record what I see in the mirror!
    having to see it first hand is bad enough. LOLOL.
    but yours are very nice.
    i used to adore hats.
    now I have about 3.
    necessary here in summer to keep your face from burning.
    even with sunscreen. aaaggghhh.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.