#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Sunrise




Sunrise, sunset,  sunrise, sunset,  Quickly go the days. 

Do you remember that song from Fiddler on the Roof?

Sunrise, sunset
Sunrise, sunset
Swiftly fly the years
One season following another
Laden with happiness and tears

The sunrise this morning was glorious reminding me of the song and how fast the time is passing. We are seeing a changing of seasons. Yesterday it got up to fifty degrees and I found myself walking out to my garden and looking at the dried stalks beaten down by the snow. When will the little sprouts of green begin peeping their tops out?  I had to resist the urge to start to tend the beds. Not time yet. 
   Time is passing. There are so many things in the day that I want to do and always not enough time. I divide my time between reading, watching episodes of House of Cards on Netflix, learning how to use my camera, enjoying my friends, and household chores. 
  This morning I am so at peace. I am happiest when I am busy.  This is one of my favorite quotes. 





“I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see.” 


2 comments :

  1. Beautiful sunrise! Time does fly by, doesn't it?
    That song is going to be in my head all day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can never get that song to go away either! LOLOL.
    i love the burroughs quote.
    and that sunrise.
    just.
    glorious!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.