#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Friday, April 11, 2014

Be who I am

I came across this on a blog today and had to repost it. It came from a blog called Metamorphosis. 

i have decided to give myself permission to be who I am - fully and wholly and without apologies.

I give myself permission:

to believe what rings true to me
to share with an open heart
to create only what makes my heart light up
to love, love, love what I create
to be as great as I can be
to be as flawed as I am
to have a body that isn’t the same as it was when I was 20 or 30 or even 40
to celebrate my older and wiser self
to be good at some things and not so good at others
to feel great some days and not so great on other days
to not always look fantastic
to be productive some days and not on others
to be a couch potato when I need to be
to be inspired by many different things
to allow inspiration to take me to different places
to leave those things behind that no longer light me up
to not finish things if they don't need to be finished
to have days when I get nothing done
to be silly when I feel like it
to be an inspiration to others
to live up to my fullest potential
to shine brightly
to love deeply
to feel how I feel
to look how I look
Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could learn this at a younger age?   To just be who we are and stop trying to be anything else. 

3 comments :

  1. I would love some kind of a round-robin, on this topic.

    I went looking for others, who were addressing this. When I was grappling with lack of self love. And found some, and posted links to their words. So happy then to find Silke's wonderful post, from which you quote here. And posted link to hers.

    Seems there are more of us out here! Who are stopping and thinking and making new decisions, on this topic. I think, it would be nice to gather somehow, and discuss. But then, I know too, that this topic will fade from my view. -sigh-

    Well, any time we spend, thinking on lack of self worth/love, is time well spent.

    Tessa~

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know ... it's very odd. but as soon as i retired i took on this exact mindset!
    i did! it's as if i was FINALLY free! to be really me. in every single way. and i've not looked back.
    it's not that i was being a fake me. but i felt obligated somehow. in so many different ways.
    professionalism. and well. just a feeling of having to fit into the corporate scheme of things. it was required actually.
    i feel WONDERFUL now!!! and yes. people should have this feeling much younger than this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well said :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.