I just found out how easy it is to put a video on my blog using Blogsy.
Saturday, May 31, 2014
It's almost June. That is the month of relaxation. Yes, there are things that need to be done but chores often take a back seat to pleasure. It's time spent outside watering flowers that make you so cheery. It's walks along paths and creeks. It's lazy days on the porch swing with a good book. It's grilling out and family trips. Lounging with magazines. Ice cream cones. A perfect month.
Friday, May 30, 2014
Now I am trying to see if I can upload a video from vimeo. This is one I made a while ago when I took a class from Zanthe.
An update on Top Gun. The last few weeks have been very stressful since we found out that Top Gun is diabetic. He has been sick and we wanted to do our best for him. But the level of care for this type of illness requires a large commitment of care. We first tried going the route of testing his blood every day by pricking his ear. Then we gave him pills which were not effective. We tried increasing his dose age which still did not help. The next step meant giving him injections twice a day. This was a real weighty decision. It meant that we would have to make sure that we were home every evening to do that. Luckily we have a fabulous pet sitter who agreed to do it if we went away. But still we wavered back and forth if we could actually take this on. In the end we decided tha Top Gun deserved the best from us. He is such an amazing and good cat. We are giving it a try. So far we are not seeing good results yet. I'm hoping in the next week that he will start to get better.
Thursday, May 29, 2014
I'm trying out a new way to blog using Blogsy. Please bear with me. See how this size works.
Let's see how this wraparound text works. I think it needs to be a little bit bigger. Maybe even bigger? This will take getting used to. This also lets me use a different font. Can you tell?
Now if I can figure out how to post it to my blog.
Wednesday, May 28, 2014
Tuesday, May 27, 2014
Monday, May 26, 2014
Sunday, May 25, 2014
Yesterday Chris and I took our cameras and explored. This is the view from the top. You can see the four lane that leads into town in the background. In the middle is the refinery which takes up miles through the middle of the valley. Bradford is a rather famous oil town. In the past there was a great oil boom and our town was very prosperous.
At the top of the hill is this Fireman’s memorial statue.
I also captured some flower pictures there.
Friday, May 23, 2014
Wednesday, May 21, 2014
Tuesday, May 20, 2014
Sunday, May 18, 2014
A kindergarten pupil told his teacher he’d found a cat, but it was dead. “How do you know that the cat was dead?” she asked her pupil.
“Because I pissed in its ear and it didn’t move,” answered the child innocently.
“You did WHAT?! ?” the teacher exclaimed in surprise.
“You know,” explained the boy, “I leaned over and went ‘Pssst!’ and it didn’t move.
You Don't Need to Be a Weatherman...
It was two o'clock in the morning and a husband and wife were asleep, when suddenly the phone rang.
The husband picked up the phone and said, "Hello? ... How the heck do I know? What am I, the weather man?" -- and promptly slammed the phone down.
His wife rolls over and asks, "Who was that?"
The husband replies, I don’t know. Some guy who wanted to know if the coast was clear.
Thank goodness I don’t have to do this>>>>
How to give a cat a pill.
1. Pick up the cat and cradle it in the crook of your left arm as if holding a baby. Position right forefinger and thumb on either side of cat's mouth and gently apply pressure to cheeks while holding pill in right hand. As cat opens mouth pop pill into mouth. Allow cat to close mouth and swallow.
2. Retrieve pill from floor and cat from behind sofa. Cradle cat in left Arm and repeat process.
3. Take new pill from foil wrap, cradle cat in left arm, holding rear paws tightly with left hand. Force jaws open and push pill to back of mouth with right forefinger. Hold mouth shut for a count of ten.
4. Kneel on floor with cat wedged firmly between knees, hold front and rear paws, ignore growls emitted by cat. Get spouse to hold cat's head firmly with one hand while forcing wooden ruler into mouth. Drop pill down ruler and rub cat's throat vigorously.
5. Retrieve cat from curtain rail, get another pill from foil wrap. Make note to buy new ruler and repair curtains. Carefully sweep shattered figurines and vases from hearth and set to one side for gluing later.
6. Wrap cat in a large towel and get spouse to lie on cat with cat's head just visible from below armpit. Put pill in end of a drinking straw, force cat's mouth open with pencil and blow down straw.
7. Check label to make sure pill is not harmful to humans, drink a beer to take away the taste. Apply Band-Aid to spouse's forearm and remove blood from the carpet with soap and water.
8. Tie the little angel’s front paws to rear paws with garden twine and bind tightly to leg of the dining table. Find heavy pruning gloves from shed. Push pill into mouth followed by large piece of fillet steak. Be rough about it. Hold head vertical and pour 2 pints of water down cat's throat to wash down pill.
9. Consume remainder of scotch. Get spouse to drive you to the A&E, sit quietly while doctor stitches fingers and forearm and removes pill from your eye. Call furniture shop on way home to order a new table.
10. Arrange for RSPCA to collect the mutant cat from hell and ring local pet shop to see whether they have any hamsters.
I certainly am enjoying the flowers this year. After our long winter and delayed spring it is so nice to see blooming flowers. Yesterday was cold and rained so we couldn’t work outside. I’m hoping today to get the river rocks around the Tatiana statue and some boxwoods planted in planters. In Bradford we don’t have a lot of warm beautiful days so when it gets nice everyone spends most of their time doing projects. We have our back yard almost finished the way we want it so we can sit back, relax and enjoy it.
Tomorrow Don and I go to Erie for a doctor appointment and then on Tuesday he has his heart Cath.
Update on Top Gun. It has been a struggle for me to prick his ear twice a day to draw blood. He is excellent, it’s me who gets nervous. Sometimes I have to prick him two times. His levels dropped but not down into the range where they should be. We go to the vet on Thursday. I do hope that she will tell me he can go outside. He is missing laying out on the courtyard.